- 1 A holistic pedagogy of 'the digital' - for all
- 2 Toward a competence-centered way of teaching
- 3 Steps toward action: Education for self-responsible intitiative
- 4 Innovative learning spaces
- 5 Empowering project teams and groups
- 6 Sharing and Commoning
A holistic pedagogy of 'the digital' - for all
Democracy- and rights-based education in the digital age means empowering learners to exercise and defend their rights and responsibilities, and to understand change and participate in discourse and decision-making. To this end, we want to broaden the focus from digital learning to a holistic pedagogy of the digital: Learning with, for and about the digital transformation.
Toward a competence-centered way of teaching
Facilitation creates and guides through a process for individuals to form knowledge and skills in a self-directed way, according to their specific needs. Facilitators focus on an individual’s pre-existing knowledge, skills, and potential and help to activate it by...
- Building skills in planning and moderating group processes.
- Connecting experience in a seminar or classroom with, life experiences, and knowledge in the most useful way.
- Developing an authentic facilitative attitude and following it in real life situations
- Applying modern methods and methodological experience from diverse fields of education
Steps toward action: Education for self-responsible intitiative
Encouraging learners to overtake initiative, to put ideas into practice, or to act successfully in complex situations emphasizes on the active components of learning: discovery, reflective observation, trial and error, and growing with challenges or collaboration. For an active pedagogy - for instance, inspired by methods and experience from fields such like citizenship education, entrepreneurship education, project management, or design thinking.
- Training of facilitators on how to empower individuals for self-responsible initiative
- Delivering inspirational, motivational and empowering trainings for different target groups in the context of lifelong learning
Innovative learning spaces
Emphasis put on the active components of learning encourages learners to overtake initiative, to put ideas into practice, or to act successfully in complex situations. Holistic learning spaces offer possibilities for discovery, reflective observation, trial and error, and growing with challenges or collaboration. Towards learning opportunities in which learners may experience, reflect on, and develop their existing skills and resources.
- Designing experiential, inspirational and participatory programs
- Cooperating between formal-, non-formal and informal sources of learning
- Connecting learning and practice in society and work
- Including new techniques recognizing the dynamical and process nature of learning
Empowering project teams and groups
Facilitation as a competence is a leadership factor. Moderating processes, a constructive, solution-oriented focus and managing social diverse teams or groups become more and more crucial for successful operations. We are promoting and advocating for:
- Moderating groups and project processes in a creative, resource- and need-centered way
- Inspiring, solution-orientated and participatory leadership
- Unleashing the potential of social diversity in teams, organizations or educational programmes
- Using the potential of a process for sustainable learning, especially by recognising and integrating mentoring, coaching or similar accompanying forms of education and learning.
Sharing and Commoning
Competendo is an Open Educational Resource for reasons. Creative Commons is not only a technical and legal concept, it is also an attitude. On the one side it is contributing to a free and open knowledge society, on the other hand Creative Commons are a self-service-shop with knowledge that would otherwise have a marketable price. But when the price is not expressing the value - what then? And who? Some words about ethics of sharing ethics in the digital age.