INVEST IN CIVIC COMPETENCIES
Why competency centred learning needs more promotion and what policy, school leadership and civil society can do to facilitate better learning conditions for youth in Europe
The aim of these reflections and recommendations is to provide a proposal for strengthening competency oriented learning in the European systems and frameworks of education. Especially we broaden the perspective toward all kind of formal, non-formal and informal learning taking place in Europe and relevant for gaining the relevant competencies for acting as a successful citizen or professional, the so called key competencies. The Civic and social competences were the focus of our work.
In line with the Council of Europe we would see them as competencies for a democratic civic culture: “Competences for democratic culture enable citizens to participate effectively in a culture of democracy.”
- Download Recommendation: Invest in Competencies 2018
Future of Key Competencies
The statement was Competendo's contribution to the review process on European Union's key competencies for lifelong learning.
Involvement in Educational Discourses
- EntreComp into Action - Get inspired, make it happen A user guide to the European Entrepreneurship Competence Framework. Article about Competendo
- Conference: "International mobilities as a place of learning – Recognising the potential for individuals and society" of IJAB International Youth Service of the Federal Republic of Germany/ Alliance for Recognition (Bündnis Anerkennung) at October, 2017 in Berlin (DE); Workshop on recognition and assessment approaches and their potential for competency development.
- Article: Anne Sorge-Farner, Nils-Eyk Zimmermann: Kompetenzbilanzierungsinstrumente in Deutschland – Entwicklungswege in einer heterogenen Instrumentenlandschaft in Alliance for Recognition - Conference Documentation
- Competendo Conference 2017: Developing democratic and diversity-conscious societies through education; October 6, 2017 in Slubice (PL)
- Presentation and dialogue: DARE network on Democratic Citizenship and Human Rights Education in Europe General Assembly 2017, Berlin
- Training: "Step into Strategic Partnerships"; SALTO Training JUGEND für Europa ; October 2017, Berlin (DE)
- Presentation on key competency centered learning and online platforms: TechCamp Warsaw, February 2017, Warsaw (PL)
- European Parliament: Seminar for MEPs and CSO's: "Modernisation of education in the EU"; November 28, Brussels (BE)
- Conference: Ukraine calling, Round table on youth work; December 2017, Berlin (DE)
- Sietar Deutschland: Mondial Journal 2/2017: M. Prahl: Grenzen im Kopf und Grenzen im Lernen auflösen
- Netzwerk Bürgerbeteiligung: Newsletter article regarding the focus topic "civil engagement" (German language): Demokratie lernen. N. Zimmermann: Gesellschaftliches Engagement und demokratisches Handeln als Bildungsaufgabe
- Editors Board
- Competendo Community
- Become Part of Competendo
- Free to share
Banner & QR Code
Award: Best of Austria 2016
Produced with the financial assistance of the European Union. The contents of this document are the sole responsibility of the implementing partner organisations and can under no circumstances be regarded as reflecting the position of the European Union.