Learning 'the Digital' Lifelong
The paper is exploring the potential and need of Education for Democratic Citizenship/Human Rights Education for a holistic pedagogy of the Digital. It is summarizing the experiences of the DIGIT-AL project.
The paper has been developed by Daniela Kolarova, Georg Pirker, Ramon Martinez in the frame of the Partnership digit-AL. With contributions of Nils-Eyk Zimmermann and the partners in the DIGIT-AL project: Arbeitskreis deutscher Bildungsstätten AdB e.V. (DE, coordinator), Democracy and Human Rights Education in Europe (BE), Partners Bulgaria Foundation (BG), Centro per la Cooperazione Internazionale (IT), Rede Inducar, CRL (PT), Education Development Center (LV), Jaan Tõnissoni Instituut (EE).
- Download at: DARE Democracy and Human Rights Education in Europe
INVEST IN CIVIC COMPETENCIES
Why competency centred learning needs more promotion and what policy, school leadership and civil society can do to facilitate better learning conditions for youth in Europe
The aim of these reflections and recommendations is to provide a proposal for strengthening competency oriented learning in the European systems and frameworks of education. Especially we broaden the perspective toward all kind of formal, non-formal and informal learning taking place in Europe and relevant for gaining the relevant competencies for acting as a successful citizen or professional, the so called key competencies. The Civic and social competences were the focus of our work.
In line with the Council of Europe we would see them as competencies for a democratic civic culture: “Competences for democratic culture enable citizens to participate effectively in a culture of democracy.”
- Download Recommendation: Invest in Competencies 2018
Future of Key Competencies
The statement was Competendo's contribution to the review process on European Union's key competencies for lifelong learning.
Involvement in Educational Discourses
- Policy Recommendations: Learning the Digital Lifelong
- Digital Transformation as Part of Digital Education. Recognize the Systemic Relevance of Civic Education – September 2020: contribution to the European Commission’s consultation on the Digital education action plan (update) in September 2020
- Lifelong Learning Week 2021
- Lifelong Learning Week 2020
- NECE Conference 2020
- Community of Practice DigComp 2.2 Update
- EntreComp into Action - Get inspired, make it happen A user guide to the European Entrepreneurship Competence Framework. Article about Competendo
- Conference: "International mobilities as a place of learning – Recognising the potential for individuals and society" of IJAB International Youth Service of the Federal Republic of Germany/ Alliance for Recognition (Bündnis Anerkennung) at October, 2017 in Berlin (DE); Workshop on recognition and assessment approaches and their potential for competency development.
- Article: Anne Sorge-Farner, Nils-Eyk Zimmermann: Kompetenzbilanzierungsinstrumente in Deutschland – Entwicklungswege in einer heterogenen Instrumentenlandschaft in Alliance for Recognition - Conference Documentation
- Competendo Conference 2017: Developing democratic and diversity-conscious societies through education; October 6, 2017 in Slubice (PL)
- Presentation and dialogue: DARE network on Democratic Citizenship and Human Rights Education in Europe General Assembly 2017, Berlin
- Training: "Step into Strategic Partnerships"; SALTO Training JUGEND für Europa ; October 2017, Berlin (DE)
- Presentation on key competency centered learning and online platforms: TechCamp Warsaw, February 2017, Warsaw (PL)
- European Parliament: Seminar for MEPs and CSO's: "Modernisation of education in the EU"; November 28, Brussels (BE)
- Conference: Ukraine calling, Round table on youth work; December 2017, Berlin (DE)
- Sietar Deutschland: Mondial Journal 2/2017: M. Prahl: Grenzen im Kopf und Grenzen im Lernen auflösen
- Netzwerk Bürgerbeteiligung: Newsletter article regarding the focus topic "civil engagement" (German language): Demokratie lernen. N. Zimmermann: Gesellschaftliches Engagement und demokratisches Handeln als Bildungsaufgabe