The success of competency-centered education is highly depending from the style of facilitation and the attitude of facilitators. Successful facilitation connects attitude - the appreciative, needs oriented, moderating, collaborative, participative and inspiring management of group processes, know how for planning and managing learning processes, and knowledge about modern approaches and concepts of learning. The Competendo team is offering tailor-made concepts for facilitators and educational institutions.
Facilitation: Toward a competency-centered way of teaching
Facilitation creates and guides through a process for individuals to form knowledge and skills in a self-directed way, according to their specific needs. Facilitators focus on an individual’s pre-existing knowledge, skills, and potential and help to activate it. Our facilitator-education helps experts in non-formal education and teachers in
- Building skills in planning and moderating group processes.
- Connecting experience in a seminar or classroom with, life experiences, and knowledge in the most useful way.
- Developing an authentic facilitative attitude and following it in real life situations
- Applying modern methods and methodological experience from diverse fields of education
Steps toward action: Education for self-responsible intitiative
Encouraging learners to overtake initiative, to put ideas into practice, or to act successfully in complex situations emphasizes on the active components of learning: discovery, reflective observation, trial and error, and growing with challenges or collaboration. Our trainings merge methods and include experience from fields such like citizenship education, entrepreneurship education, project management, or design thinking
- Training of facilitators on how to empower individuals for self-responsible initiative
- Delivering inspirational, motivational and empowering trainings for your target groups
Innovative learning spaces
Emphasis put on the active components of learning encourages learners to overtake initiative, to put ideas into practice, or to act successfully in complex situations. Holistic learning spaces offer possibilities for discovery, reflective observation, trial and error, and growing with challenges or collaboration. Our trainings and advice helps facilitators and educational organizations to shape learning opportunities in which learners may experience, reflect on, and develop their existing skills and resources.
- Designing experiential, inspirational and participatory programs
- Cooperating between formal-, non-formal and informal sources of learning
- Connecting learning and practice in society and work
- Including new techniques recognizing the dynamical and process nature of learning, such as coaching or mentoring
+49 30 315174-83
Award: Best of Austria 2016
"If you don't love us,
please like us."
Competendo on Facebook
This toolbox has been produced with the financial assistance of the European Union. The contents of this document are the sole responsibility of the implementing partner organisations and can under no circumstances be regarded as reflecting the position of the European Union.