- 1 Who we are
- 2 What personal data we collect and why we collect it
- 3 With whom we share your data
- 4 Contact forms
- 5 Embedded content from other websites
- 6 What rights you have over your data
- 7 Login
- 8 Which rights in your data do you have
- 9 Provider
Who we are
Our website address is: https://competendo.net.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
The owners don’t like tracking tools, but sometimes they look after how many visitors requested the website, what kind of articles are more requested than others, from where the users accessed our website. Single users are not interesting for us. This interest do we interprete as the in the European Privacy Regulation mentioned “legitimate interest” – concrete Art. 6 – EU-GDPR – Lawfulness of Processing.
Our provider Strato AG is providing us logfiles (which are standard in any webhosting). Log data is automatically saved by Strato AG when a visitor is accessing one of the site's HTML or image files. On the basis of this logfile we receive a statistical report in the format Apache Combined Log Format. It includes the following information:
- Anonymized client-IP: In order to identify from where our server is accesses, we store IP addresses. Strato AG is storing them max 7 days. After this time they are going to be anonymized. From privacy reasons, we are only able to access them in an anonymized way.
- Timestamp: Which day and time of access.
- Request line: The path of the goal URL without domain. If a user is clicking on a picture, the URL stored will be for instance „competendo.net/image.jpg“.
- Status code: Surely you know a 404 error page. 404 is a status code (the code for "page does not exist") The Internet Assigned Numbers Authority was publishing also many other status codes which are helpful for problem analysis. 200 for instance means "OK", the page was loaded without any problems.
- Size of the response body: If a user is entering our website they are temporarily downloading data, for instance the texts and images they are seeing in their browser. The log file informs us, how big they were.
- Referrer of the client, showing from where somebody came to competendo.net.
- User agent, sent by the client: Information about the browser, browser version, operating sytem of the visitor.
Some of the in the following mentioned aspects might be not relevant to you as we don’t use tracking or other analytical tools. But you never know if not thanks to plugins or content from other parties strange things happen. We herewith explain that we try to use only such plugins conform with data security standards. Embedded content from other websites
You might protect yourself with a browser plugin against such tracking, in example by installing the marvellous Ghostery.
We don’t share personal data received through the website with third parties (in example via contact form received messages) Except if you would especially asks us for doing so or allows us to share these informations (in example in an email request for contacting you with DARE network or Competendo).
If you leave us a message via a contact form, our server is sending the included information not encrypted. If you would like to send us information in a more confidential way, than we propose you to try this with en email address and email program of your choice.
Embedded content from other websites
We embedd GoogleFonts, YouTube Videos or other content of other parties. In this case be aware that they track you.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Competendo might be used without registration or login.
If you have an account we are going to set a temporary cookie. This cookie is not containing personal data and will be deleted when you close your browser. If you login, we will install cookies for storing your login information and view options. Login cookies are outdating, only if you chose the „remain logged in“ option it will be stored for longer. By logging out, the cookie is going to be deleted. If you are editing or publishing an article another cookie is stored, containing no personal data and only referring to the contribution ID (also outdaring after a certain time).
We save the information of users registering on our website, which was shared by them with our website in their user profiles. All users might see, change or delete this information (except the user name). Also admnistrators might see and change this information.
Which rights in your data do you have
If you are a registered user or write commentaries, you might request your personal data including all data shared by you with us. Furthermore, you might advise us to delete all of your personal data. These are not including data which we need to store due to legal and administrative obligations or due to security reasons.
The provider of this website is also mentioned in the imprint. If you should have any question regarding your data, aiming to delte it or to make us aware of anything, please contact us.