- Focus on the participants' goals, evaluations, feelings and opinions.
=> Which for you means, to step back with your personal contributions or opinions.
- Take every participant serious and treat all participants in an equal way.
=> Allow all opinions and ideas to be presented.
- Don't evaluate contributions of your participants.
=>Just describe what you perceive in a neutral way.
- Have the goal of your unit always in mind. And if needed, help the group in seeing the goal again.
- Motivate the group to find constructive rules for discussion.
- Make your observation of group's behavior transparent.
=> Mirror, how they deal with irritations or conflicts.
- Focus on Constructive Questions rather than on answers.
- Hear better, speak less.
- Paraphrase aspects, opinions, findings.
10 Golden Rules for Moderators
From Competendo - Digital Toolbox